Originally written on MySpace Nov. 7th, 2007
Current mood: determined
Category: Jobs, Work, Careers
For those whom I have not talked to in a while I have recently moved to Ames, Ia with my girlfriend Amber. She is in graduate school for Community and Regional Planning. I am looking for a job. I am trying to find a job that I am excited about and have been following the instructions of that wonderful little book What Color is Your Parachute? Well after taking about a week to go through the self evaluation of skills (it is really long and in-depth), I am on to the next stage. I am supposed to share my findings and see what you all think. So first my findings. These are my top ten transferable skills in order of enjoyment and importance to me:
1. Leading others towards a specific goal
2. Following through until completion of a goal
3. Imagining, inventing, creating, or designing new ideas (this sounds broad but I really like doing it in most all situations I could think of)
4. Communicating expressively in speaking or writing
5. Advising, coaching, mentoring, empowering, and managing others
6. Planning out a step by step process to reach a specific goal
7. Performing, entertaining, amusing, or inspiring either groups or individuals
8. Communicating effectively to motivate or persuade either groups or individuals
9. Deciding, evaluating, and making recommendations
10. Consulting and giving advice
These are the areas that I am most interested in:
So now is the part where I ask for any and all help you can give me. I want your ideas for what comes to your mind when you read these things.
-Are there any specific jobs that you feel would fit this mold?
-Are there any people you know who fit this mold that I could talk to?
I would be very happy for any thoughts that anyone could give me. .
Again, thank you very much for any help you can give me.
You can email me at Ryanlynch8@hotmail.com.